Unencrypted username in radacct/radpostauth for ttls tunnel authenticated user

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Oct 26 15:40:21 CEST 2011

James T. Mugauri wrote:
> On 10/26/2011 02:49 PM, freeradius-users-request at lists.freeradius.org
> wrote:
>>    On Access-Accept, store the unencrypted User-Name in the DB, along
>> with a Class attribute.  When you receive an accounting packet, look up
>> the Class attribute to find the unencrypted User-Name.
> Thanks

  I don't see why.

> I notice when running in debug mode, I have:
>
> [ttls] Got tunneled request
>     User-Name = "testairspan at iconnect.zm"

  Which is an unencrypted User-Name.

> What attribute contains the unencrypted username, and at which stage of
> the inner-tunnel session can I retrieve it?

  (a) read my response
  (b) read the debug output.

  I fail to understand why this is difficult.  I answered your question.
 The debug log answers your question.  And you're still asking questions.

  Maybe you're looking for an answer to a question you didn't ask.  But
unless I'm completely incompetent at reading English, I answered your
question.