RES: FreeRadius + MySQL | radacct: Errors and Warnings

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Thu Oct 27 16:28:40 CEST 2011

On 27 Oct 2011, at 16:16, Alan DeKok wrote:

> Daniel Menezes wrote:
>>> 1. User the InnoDB Engine in MySQL.
>> I read about it and don't know if it's the best way.
>> Why InnoDB engine? MySAM engine is more fast.

It doesn't support row level locking for one. Which absolutely cripples selects against the radacct/postauth table when there are high levels of inserts/updates.

MyISAM should *NOT* be used for the postauth and radacct. Version 3 schema has been updated to use INNODB for these tables.

https://github.com/alandekok/freeradius-server/blob/master/raddb/sql/mysql/schema.sql

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org