CUI in TLS

Panagiotis Georgopoulos panos at comp.lancs.ac.uk
Fri Oct 28 16:55:36 CEST 2011

Hello all,

                I am trying to implement CUI in EAP-TLS and I would like to get a handle
on the CN of the client's certificate in my default. Basically I need to use the CN of the
certificate, since there is no User-Name attribute in EAP-TLS.

What module handles the TLS certificates' authentication? How can I get the CN in my
post_auth and accounting stanzas in my default?

                On a similar note, why do we set the lastaccounting='0000-00-00
00:00:00',in the post_authquery in the cui.conf?

                Incidentally, if we need full IPv6 support the clientipaddress field in
the cui table and the equivalent fields in radacct should be of length 39 and not 15.

                Cheers,

                Panos