Fixed Duration Weekly, Monthly and Daily Accounts

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Sun Oct 30 13:58:28 CET 2011

On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 7:39 PM, JennyBlunt <jennyshoehorn at me.com> wrote:
> How do I create a group which provides access for a preset amount of time,
> for instance one day, week or month. I've tried by using expiration but
> don't think thats right. Will the noreset parameter do this?

> In our current system (not freeradius), we'd set this up as a continuous
> account which starts the counter the first time the users logs on.

I actually suggest you use rlm_sqlcounter instead, which (for me) is
easier to understand and maintain. Use the example noresetcounter from
http://wiki.freeradius.org/Rlm_sqlcounter

You can see exactly how the module counts whatever-it-uses (in the
example it's SUM(AcctSessionTime)), and you can run the query manually
for debugging purposes.

--
Fajar