Fixed Duration Weekly, Monthly and Daily Accounts

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Sun Oct 30 16:11:49 CET 2011

JennyBlunt wrote:
> that's what I was trying to get to - am happy to set an expiration upon first
> login - just wanted to see if I could achieve the desired with the built in
> functions etc.

  Yes... your question was also ambiguous.

  Do you want a TOTAL of X hours after first login, summed only over
times they're logged in?

  Or do you want them to be able to login for only X hours after first
login, based on wall-clock time?  so if they log out for 2 hours, they
"lose" those two hours?

> If expiration date is the way forward, presumably I need to write something
> in which will set the session-timeout based on end time and start time?

  The server does that automatically when you set Expiration.