cisco WAP/FreeRadius/OpenLDAP

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Oct 31 15:53:02 CET 2011

On 31/10/11 14:03, Matthew Arguin wrote:
> Phil,
> I just confirmed that it is tagged with the {CRYPT} or {SHA} (i have
> tried both). also, i changed the user that is binding to be the manager
> CN which has full access to the ldap for mod etc to rule that out.

Ah. I've just seen that you are running 2.1.7 from your original email.

The default LDAP attribute mappings were updated after that version to
include this line in "ldap.attrmap":

checkitem       Password-With-Header            userPassword

...you should:

  a. Add that line to your "ldap.attrmap", see if it makes any difference
  b. Plan an upgrade to 2.1.12