Help: Error in PEAP configuration

Andrei M. Castillo Andrei.Castillo at alliedtelesis.com
Fri Sep 2 06:00:57 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

I encountered this error when starting radiusd -X trying to make it work with peap. Can you help me fix this or give me an idea how to?

Ignoring EAP-Type/tls because we do not have OpenSSL support.
Ignoring EAP-Type/ttls because we do not have OpenSSL support.
Ignoring EAP-Type/peap because we do not have OpenSSL support.
 Module: Linked to sub-module rlm_eap_mschapv2
 Module: Instantiating eap-mschapv2
   mschapv2 {
      with_ntdomain_hack = no
   }
rlm_eap: No such sub-type for default EAP type peap
/usr/local/etc/raddb/eap.conf[17]: Instantiation failed for module "eap"
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[237]: Failed to load module "eap".
/usr/local/etc/raddb/sites-enabled/inner-tunnel[190]: Errors parsing authenticate section.

I followed this procedure in installing freeradius with openssl.

=======================

Installation of OpenSSL 0.9.8j:

=======================

$ wget http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-0.9.8j.tar.gz

$ tar xzf openssl-0.9.8j.tar.gz

$ cd openssl-0.9.8j

$ ./config --prefix=/usr/local/openssl shared

$ make

$ sudo make install

======================

Installation of Freeradius 2.14:

======================

$ wget

ftp://ftp.freeradius.org/pub/freeradius/freeradius-server-2.1.3.tar.gz

$ tar xzf freeradius-server-2.1.3.tar.gz

$ cd freeradius-server-2.1.3

$ ./configure --with-openssl

--with-openssl-includes=/usr/local/openssl/include/

--with-openssl-libraries=/usr/local/openssl/lib/

$ make

$ sudo make install

PS: If needed, do a "sudo ldconfig", and in case of error consult the file

"config.log".

Thank you.
Drei