Using EAP-PEAT as authentiction type. How to save None-cleartext password?

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Sep 2 09:58:07 CEST 2011

EAP-PEAT, is that the Irish version of EAP-PEAP?

> Can you please give some advise, to save none-cleartext password in MySQL database radcheck table?

Well you have two choices Cleartext-Password or NT-Password. Those are the only two that will work with the MSCHAPv2 inner.

Just add the NT-Password attribute to radcheck with the := operator. Or you can add it as a reply item and copy it to the control list with

update control {
	NT-Password := "%{reply:NT-Password}"
}

As for generating the hashes http://www.arsitech.com/cryptography/windows/password/

Or I think theres a utility included with samba for doing it. If you're using PHP I have a function I wrote ages ago to generate NT passwords to do a transparent conversion using our web login script. Let me know if it'd be useful and i'll dig it out.

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

RADIUS - Half the complexity of Diameter