cisco 3825 authentication error

Bjørn Mork bjorn at mork.no
Fri Sep 2 18:01:34 CEST 2011

Dom <dversace at tekcorner.ca> writes:

> That is why I am so confused.  I do have this user in the users file
> and even tested authentication using NTradping and it works fine going
> directly from the Internet to the radius server.  However when I try
> to authenticate via the LNS I see this error.
>
> any idea's.

Well, you did have

 [files] users: Matched entry DEFAULT at line 172
 ++[files] returns ok

so it's possible you have a default entry without fall-through, which
matches some attribute in the LNS request but not in the NTradping.

Difficult to know for sure without seeing the entry at line 172 of the
users file, and knowing whether your user is defined before or after
this line.

Bjørn