run more than one radius on single machine

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Mon Sep 5 11:06:54 CEST 2011

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 3:44 PM, waq <waqqayyum at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear,
>
> Its my  requirement to run more than one radius on a single machine

Why?

Using virtual servers is usually easier. They can listen to different
IP/port, and have different configuration. See
sites-available/inner-tunnel for example of using a "listen" section
inside a virtual server.

> can anybody help me how to achieve this

If you REALLY want to run run multiple instances of radiusd, then
start by having separate configuration directory (e.g. /etc/raddb,
/etc/raddb2, and so on) for each instance and call radiusd with "-d"
parameter. And you'd also need to change some settings on radiusd.conf
(e.g. raddbdir, run_dir, or possibly just "name"). And you need to
make sure all of them bind to different IP/port/socket. Last time I
tried this it works, but the startup script didn't work as expected
(e.g. it kills both radiusd instances and only start one). Didn't have
time to look more into it since I didn't need it anymore.

--
Fajar