Conditional Dynamic VLAN

joaocdc at gmail.com joaocdc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 20:06:38 CEST 2011

Hello Guys,

I need the following in a wireless environment, using 802.1X authentication
based on LDAP, need to do dynamic VLAN assignment.

Need to consult an LDAP attribute, and from this attribute to determine
which VLAN to send to my wireless controler.

I need something like this:

if ( habitantWirelessActive == FALSE ){
                        update reply {
                             Tunnel-Type := "VLAN"
                             Tunnel-Medium-Type := "IEEE-802"
                             Tunnel-Private-Group-Id := 100
                        }
}else{
                       update reply {
                             Tunnel-Type := "VLAN"
                             Tunnel-Medium-Type := "IEEE-802"
                             Tunnel-Private-Group-Id := 30

habitantWirelessActive the attribute is the LDAP, each user has this
attribute in a Boolean set to TRUE or FALSE.

How can I make this check?

Another question is about where I make this verification, the correct
location is the session post-auth?

I thank the attention.

João

--