Freeradius and LDAP keepalive

Angel L. Mateo amateo at um.es
Wed Sep 7 13:58:00 CEST 2011

El 07/09/11 13:02, Alan DeKok escribió:
> Angel L. Mateo wrote:
>>      I have a freeradius 2.1.10 running in a ubuntu (10.04) server. My
>> users are in a ldap directory.
>>
>>      The problem I have is that openldap server has an idle timeout (if
>> there is more than this time with an idle connection, openldap closes
>> the connection). So I want to know if there is some way to configure a
>> keepalive on the ldap connection of freeradius.
>>      Is there any way to configure this keepalive?
>
>    In 2.1.12, the keepalive configuration is documented in raddb/modules/ldap

	I didn't find any 2.1.12 freeradius version (the latest version at
freeradius web is 2.1.11). In 2.1.11 (and 2.1.10) the options I have
found that could be related are:

* ldap_connections_number: number of active ldap connections (although I
have this value configured as 15, I can only see one active connection
with netstat)
* timeout: Timeout to finish a query
* timelimit: Timeout that the ldap server has to finish the query
* net_timetout: Seconds to wait for resopnse of the server

	As far as I understand, none of these values is for a keepalive. Is
there any other parameter?

--
Angel L. Mateo Martínez
Sección de Telemática