racct and radpostauth

andreapepa andrea.pepa at trentinonetwork.it
Fri Sep 9 09:30:22 CEST 2011

>> My question is about the correlation beetwen the tables in subject, how
can
>> i correlate records without using timestamp but maybe a unique session
>> id?
>
>  Use the unique session ID.

Ok, but that field is not present in radpostauth too...and i mean
...correlate between tables

>> I think this would be helpful when listing  online users, for example
>> when
>> there is no acctstoptime value in radacct and maybe that user in not
>> online
>> anymore,
>
>  How do you know?

doing the tests with jradius i've noticed that if you send an auth + start
request without a stop you can create this situation, would be the case when
the nas reboot  or power down  in the middle of the auth phase, and so you
have this kind of entry in DB.

>Do you want to link postauth records with accounting records using a shared
unique ID?

Yes  reject auth are not stored but  replies are, if configured to log them,
would be helpful to modify the postauth query to insert the "unique session
ID" in  a new radpostauth field?

I didn't made test in the real till now, and based on my tests i cant see
two records in radacct with the same "unique session ID"  so i cannot link
them.

Finally.. i also can check fro time to time the packets or byte fields to
see if the sessios is still alive...but this metod would not be better than
matching with replies in radpostauth , ...i believe.