racct and radpostauth

andreapepa andrea.pepa at trentinonetwork.it
Fri Sep 9 11:56:06 CEST 2011

Thanks Fajar,

i'll try to implement this way,  i dont want to query the nas by snmp, i
have so many nas ( and of various vendor) and i'm not responsible of their
configurations and so many concurrent connections that i prefer not to rely
on this.

Arran, i'm sorry if you felt alone sometimes  ;-)....but as i said to Fajar
i've no control over the NAS devices  so i prefer do all the possible    on
the FR server.

I was not talking about accounting-request  but replies stored in
radpostauth  where by default the postauth query store records with username
password op value end date.
Maybe, and i'm not an expert of postgresql, can be possible to link these
two tables with another ID ?
cant see a field to use now, maybe is it possible to add a new field??

I said that because  in my tests an access-rejected request is still
recorded in radacct table with a start time and a NULL stoptime, but nothing
can link this record to the record in radpostauth, time is different too,
and that record in radacct can be misrepresented as an online user even from
the simultaneous user  check.

Thanks all for you answer