racct and radpostauth

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Sep 9 14:52:08 CEST 2011

> Arran, i'm sorry if you felt alone sometimes  ;-)

I'm not the one missing out on radstars :p

> ....but as i said to Fajar
> i've no control over the NAS devices  so i prefer do all the possible    on
> the FR server.

Yes... and you can. The contents of the Class attribute is set in the Access-Accept, it's not configured on the NAS.

You just need to verify it works with the NAS...

> I was not talking about accounting-request  but replies stored in
> radpostauth  where by default the postauth query store records with username
> password op value end date.
> Maybe, and i'm not an expert of postgresql, can be possible to link these
> two tables with another ID ?

Yes

> cant see a field to use now, maybe is it possible to add a new field??

Correct

> I said that because  in my tests an access-rejected request is still
> recorded in radacct table with a start time and a NULL stoptime, but nothing
> can link this record to the record in radpostauth

That's really weird, could you post your debug logs so we can figure out why?

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

RADIUS - Waging war on ignorance and apathy one Access-Challenge at a time.