htpasswod authentication.

Alan Buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Fri Sep 9 21:43:03 CEST 2011

Hi,
>    Can FR do htpasswd file based auth? Ideally I'd like to define users in
>    users file with their crypto password right from htpasswd. Is this
>    possible? how would a user file look like. I searched the docs and all I
>    found was 'cleartext password' but I won't know that since its htpasswd.

does your htpasswd have md5, crypt or sha1?  either way, should be able to handle
it, you'll just need to tag it right

eg you might be able to convert

john:n5MfEoHOIQkKg

john Cleartext-Password := "{crypt}n5MfEoHOIQkKg"

replace {crypt} with {md5}, {sha} as required: read the man page for rlm_pap for further info..
you might need to just use the 'right' password attribute type if the above isnt on the mark

alan