Quick enable/disable user account.

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Tue Sep 13 21:09:57 CEST 2011

On 13 Sep 2011, at 20:29, rauch.holger at googlemail.com wrote:

> Hi to everybody,
>
> On Tue, 13 Sep 2011, Alan DeKok wrote:
>
>> 2394263740 wrote:
>>> Sometime, I need disable a user account in mysql database. And then
>>> enable it later on after some check complete.
>>>
>>> Can you please advise how to toggle such status?
>>
>>  See the MySQL documentation for how to write to rows in MySQL.
>
> It's not just a matter of knowing how write rows in MySQL (that by itself
> doesn't change the enable/disable status) but also knowing which
> *column in particular* needs to be set to *what value*. Seems to me like the
> original poster was referring to that rather than some general MySQL syntax
> issue.

No. It's SQL, you can alter the query so that it only returns 'enabled' users. It has nothing to do with FreeRADIUS, other than possibly the location of the configuration file (raddb/sql/mysql/dialup.conf).

>>> There're may be multiple solutions, please advise them all, so I can
>>> choose a one most fit the needs.
>>
>>  Try harder.
>
> Are you *really* sure that advices like these are helpful at all???
> (Alan, I've been subscribed to this mailing list for quite a while now and
> I'm well aware of the fact that you're very involved concerning code
> maintenance which leaves less time for answering mails. Of course I can only
> speak on my behalf, but I'm sure your work is appreciated by all list
> members. But, to be honest, a suggestion like the one given above is purely
> ridiculous and is (almost) the same as not replying at all.

The point of the list is to help users who are stuck with a particular question or concept. Not for those who are too lazy to try and figure things out themselves.

Give a man a fish etc..

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

RADIUS - Waging war on ignorance and apathy one Access-Challenge at a time.