Internal Sanity Check Fails

DaveA daldwinc at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Sep 14 22:20:27 CEST 2011

Hello,

I have a perfectly working environment on a dev machine with FR 2.1.10-5 and
very odd things are happening when I try and copy the configs to the
production machine running the same version.

The *ONLY* change I made on the prod version is in proxy.conf

realm test.myrealdomain.com {
}

now reads

realm myrealdomain.com {
}

The dev version properly handles the realm locally and everything is fine.
After I make this change, FreeRadius tries proxying the requests for
blah.com repeatedly to one of the servers configured in the DEFAULT realm,
and then I get a log message:

WARNING: Internal sanity check failed in event handler...

If I revert my change on the prod box, everything goes back to normal.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Dave