Reverting Accept-Reject to Access-Accept

denizaydin deniz.aydin at turknet.net.tr
Fri Sep 16 17:59:02 CEST 2011

Hi,
I am using Version 2.1.11 for broadband PPP authentication. I want to put
the unauthenticated users to a default service. I have to revert the
access-reject message to access-accept because once CISCO ISG get a
access-reject from the AAA server it's terminating the ppp with
access-reject.

I tried to use Post-Auth-Type REJECT section of the configuration but its
not working.

Here is my config and some debug outputs.
post-auth {
                Post-Auth-Type REJECT {
                ok
                update control {
                        Auth-Type:=Accept

....(AFTER SQL Lookup)
[sql] User ccotesist06adsl not found
++[sql] returns notfound
Found Auth-Type = PAP
# Executing group from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
+- entering group PAP {...}
[pap] login attempt with password "test"
[pap] No password configured for the user.  Cannot do authentication
++[pap] returns fail
Failed to authenticate the user.
Using Post-Auth-Type Reject
# Executing group from file /etc/raddb/sites-enabled/default
+- entering group REJECT {...}
++[ok] returns ok
++[control] returns ok
Delaying reject of request 0 for 1 seconds
Going to the next request
Waking up in 0.9 seconds.
Sending delayed reject for request 0
Sending Access-Reject of id 11