MySQL performance

Lorenzo Milesi lorenzo.milesi at yetopen.it
Mon Sep 19 14:33:30 CEST 2011

Hi.
I have a Freeradius server with MySQL backend, which has worked great so far. Right now we're increasing the users accounting here, and we're facing some login issues.  Freeradius is used as an accounting service for Chillispot.

I tried increasing num_sql_socks to 14, and raised thread_concurrency to 8 in my.cnf, but yet on the client I get radius errors.

Could it be related to database performance? Server load is normally below 0.10, cpu mostly unused. In radius.log I see no errors.
But on the client:
radius.c: 235: No such id in radius queue: 76!
radius.c: 1473: Matching request was not found in queue: 76!
chilli.c: 3696: radius_ind() failed!

which can mean slow response times from the server. Sadly I have no way to increase radius request timeout on the client.
I believe it's not an issue with connection because I'm seeing this problem also on clients which always ran fine before the user increase.

How can I check FreeRadius is not suffering too many requests?
thanks
Lorenzo Milesi - lorenzo.milesi at yetopen.it

YetOpen S.r.l. - http://www.yetopen.it/
Via Carlo Torri Tarelli 19 - 23900 Lecco - ITALY -
Tel 0341 220 205 - Fax 178 6070 222

GPG/PGP Key-Id: 0xE704E230 - http://keyserver.linux.it

-------- D.Lgs. 196/2003 --------

Si avverte che tutte le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio sono
riservate ed a uso esclusivo del destinatario. Nel caso in cui questo
messaggio Le fosse pervenuto per errore, La invitiamo ad eliminarlo
senza copiarlo, a non inoltrarlo a terzi e ad avvertirci non appena
possibile.
Grazie.