MySQL performance

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 20 15:57:44 CEST 2011

Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
>> there should be something on FR log file. If not, then run the server
>> in debug mode and see which part is slow or spitting out errors.
>
> I ran in debug, and saw something which maybe could be wrong:
>
>         User-Name = "MYUSERNAME"
>         User-Password = "\002\234\350v[z\035Y\237\257\354\245\326\213\305."

  And the REST of the debug output will say

	DOUBLE CHECK THE SHARED SECRET.

  If you're not going to read the debug output, there's no reason to run
the server in debugging mode.

> Usually I can see the passwords.
> Could be some encoding problem on the client side?
> What looks strange to me is that some pw are fine, some are screwed this way.

  Odds are client X has the correct shared secret, and client Y does
not.  So... the passwords are broken for some clients, and not for others.