NAS/IP added to different virtuell servers

Christopher Petermann c.petermann at funknetz.at
Wed Sep 21 17:14:23 CEST 2011

Hello

I want to implement 2 virtuell Radius Server to provide service for
wireless auth (server 1)
hotspot auth  (server 2)

In my test enviroment I have one NAS which has an wireless interface and a hotspot function on it.

So I config the NAS that I should use virtuell Radius Server 1 for wireless auth and virtuell Radius Server 2 for hotspot auth

So I defined two virtuell server and made the following entry to clients.conf (NAS IP: 192.168.30.70)

client 192.168.30.70 {
  secret = secure
  virtual_server = vserver1
}

client 192.168.30.70 {
  secret = secure2
  virtual_server = vserver2
}

In debug mode I get the error:
Failed to add duplicate client 192.168.30.70

Is it possible to add one NAS to different virtuell servers  and how?

Best regards

Christopher Petermann