CHAP WITH MD5 SQL PASSWORD

Ivaylo Petkov ivaylosp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 02:08:53 CEST 2011

Hi There,

I have a FREE RADIUS Ubuntu installation and i am trying to get a CHAP authentication working with password that is stored in MD5 hash format in MySQL database. If i put a cleat text password the authentication works perfect with CHAP and PAP but the moment i use a md5 hashed password i get Reject packets. I have tried putting the password as Password, Clear-Text-password, MD5-Password, CHAP-Passoword, User-Password with no success. Please if someone have any hints for me please respond to this post.

Regards,

Ivo