Authention Failure when putting NAS in private network.

2394263740 2394263740 at qq.com
Thu Sep 22 09:28:13 CEST 2011

Am 22.09.2011 03:23, schrieb 2394263740:
> Hello,
> Here is my freeradius enviroment.
> The freeradius is used for WIFI users access authentication.
> OS: Linux Enterprise Server 6.1
> Radius: free radius server 2.1.11
> Database: Mysql
> The freeradius server was put on internet.
> Sometime, the WIFI router need be put on the private network, which
> connect to Internet through a gateway.
> When we put the WIFI router on the private network, the WIFI user
> authentication always fail.
> Checked both the server and client side, we found the server is
> sending packet to WIFI router(NAS), but the packet didn't reach the
> WIFI router. The packet was dropped by the gateway.
> Can anyone advise a solution for this?
> Thanks!
> Tom
>

> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See http://www.freeradius.org/list/users.html
 Hi,
 if needed, have u changed or added the new client to radius?
 Andreas

 Andreas,

 Thanks for your reply.

 Client of of the radius was set to 0.0.0.0, which means any NAS.

 The freeradius server received the request and the reply was sent to the WIFI router as well.

 The problem is packet was drop by private network gateway. Since the authentication request is in UDP. The private network gateway doesn't have a session opened for the NAS.

 Thanks!

 Tom