Radius + Samba + Mysql?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Sun Sep 25 16:08:34 CEST 2011

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 7:05 PM, Andreas Rudat <rudat at endstelle.de> wrote:
> Am 25.09.2011 13:43, schrieb Fajar A. Nugraha:
>>
>> Should work if you have enough knowledge about all three components.
>> The main "problem" would be that FR and samba uses different schema
>> for storing user passwords, but if you're familiar with triggers then
>> it should be possible. Just try it.
>
> yeah thats the problem I thought. No I'm not realy familiar with triggers
> and sql

EIther hire someone with enough expertise, or spend some time
(possibly several days or weeks, depends on your current level of
expertise) to understand it. Most (if not all) of the required
reference materials are available on the internet already. Your
choice, really, time or money.

>> One other thing to note however, ntlm_auth is only necessary if your
>> backend (usually AD) don't give out clear-text or nt-hash. If you have
>> one of those available (in the case of mysql-backed samba, it's
>> nt-hash), you don't need ntlm_auth.
>>
> Thats also bad only nt-hash is not good, I tried to set up Ad but got heavy
> problems with setting it up. But it would be the best thing for auth samba
> and fr users I think?
> Last way would be perhaps of using smbpasswd.

At this point I'd also suggest hire a good english translator, if
necessary. I'm finding it hard to understand what you're trying to
say. If you only want to use samba then you don't need AD. And if you
ONLY want to use samba + mysql, you should be able to choose whether
to have nt-hash or clear-text stored in the db, both of which can be
used by FR for pap or chap.

--
Fajar