Problem "expand: %{Acct-Input-Gigawords} ->" always get nothing!

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Sep 27 10:02:41 CEST 2011

snan4love wrote:
> But my problem is :
> No matter how long i stay in the connection, the AcctInputOctets and
> AcctOutPutOctets are always 0;

  Blame the NAS.

> the debug information from radiusd -X mode regarding this issue is :

  Deleting the majority of the debug output is a bad idea.  If you don't
know *why* it doesn't work, you don't know *which part* of the debug
output is important.

  So don't edit things you don't understand.

> Every expand:%{Acct-Input-...} will get nothing.
> I know,there must be misconfiguration I made, but I dont know where to fix
> it.

  READ the debug output, and think about it.  Odds are that the NAS is
*not* sending Acct-Input-Octets.  This information will be in the debug
output.  If that happens, THINK.  What should happen when you try to
expand something that doesn't exist?