missing "rlm_perl.so" in the built from src file

Arran Cudbard-Bell a.cudbardb at freeradius.org
Fri Sep 30 16:39:17 CEST 2011

> I built a fresh freeradius on a ubuntu server from source files. When I add perl module and start the freeradiusin the debug mode, it is asking for "rlm_perl.so" that can not find it.
> It seems the make file does not create the shared lib file for perl module. Is there any change should be made in Makefile to create "rlm_perl.so" file?

The configure script won't add the entries to the MakeFile if it can't find the headers it needs to build rlm_perl. If you look in the output of './configure' you'll see a message like 'Failed to find headers, silently not building rlm_perl'.

-Arran

Arran Cudbard-Bell
a.cudbardb at freeradius.org

Betelwiki, Betelwiki, Betelwiki.... http://wiki.freeradius.org/ !