Windows 7 prompting several times

Ricardo89 rfonsecacardoso at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 10:39:07 CEST 2012

Hi Alan,
thanks for your support.
Finally I have my freeradius server working fine, but there are a new issue
with the windows clients.
If a windows client first enter his credentials erroneous the Ferraris send
a error message, next if the user enter the correct credentials the radius
server doesn't authenticate the client.
Checking the source code, in the file run_eap_mschapv2, when the client
sends the correct password after sending the wrong ones i could check the
windows sends a message with the code PW_EAP_MSCHAPV2_FAILURE instead of a
PW_EAP_MSCHAPV2_CHALLENGE.
I detect that the error was in that file because in the with the message
"rlm_eap_mschapv2:Unexpected response received" i also print the value of
the data->code and it was 4 that matches with PW_EAP_MSCHAPV2_FAILURE.
Can you help me?