Create a counter for Max-Single-Session

Matthew Newton mcn4 at leicester.ac.uk
Wed Apr 4 19:01:12 CEST 2012

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 05:50:01PM +0200, Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
> Is it possible to create a counter which limits the single session of a user?
> I'd like to create a generic temporary access, and a session should last for few minutes max.

Assuming your NAS supports it, you should be able to do something
like e.g.

  update reply {
    Session-Timeout := 600
  }

to cause the remote client to have to reauth after 600 seconds
rather than the NAS default. Of course, you want some mechanism to
deny them access when they come back asking for access the next
time.

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4 at le.ac.uk>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp at le.ac.uk>