How to configure COA in freeRadius

ulislam.raihan raihan1780 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 10:42:31 CEST 2012

Hi Alan ,
The document says
"/The default destination of a CoA packet is the NAS (or client)
#  the sent the original Access-Request or Accounting-Request./"

So in the Access-Request it is mentioned as shown in below

rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 57378, id=1,
length=59
    User-Name = "testing"
    NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.0.1
    NAS-Port = 4200
    User-Password = "password"

But then why it is showing "Unknown destination".  The log from the  radiusd
shows below.
Thu Apr  5 13:49:52 2012 : Info: WARNING: Unknown destination 127.0.0.1:4200
for CoA request.
Thu Apr  5 13:49:52 2012 : Info: Do CoA Fail handler here

I have check with the netstat command in the OS  that a java program is
listening to the port 4200.

Do i have to configure the NAS client IP and port in home_server section of
originate-coa file ?

Thanks for your pa·tience
Best Reagards
Raihan