Perl, MySQL & auth

Fabricio Flores fabrifloresg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 17:49:31 CEST 2012

thanks for the answer... I want to obtain from the web service the users,
but I need to use mysql with freeradius because I'm using daloradius. So I
think if the web service authenticate with a perl client in this script add
the user to mysql database and after freeradius connect to mysql to do
auth... is possible to use the perl and mysql in authorization section? in
the perl script i want to connect to my web service and if the user exists
add in mysql... after the sql module do athorization, accounting, etc

El 9 de abril de 2012 10:42, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> escribió:

> On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:17 PM, Fabricio Flores <fabrifloresg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi everyone.. I have a little problem... I have users with a web service
> but
> > I need to store the accounting in a mysql database because I use
> daloradius.
> > So I have an authentication with SQL module but I need to add users
> before
> > authorization. So I think if is possible to use the perl module in the
> > authorization section to add users to MySQL database and after
> freeradius do
> > an authorization with the mysql database.
>
> If you're using a captive portal setup, then usually the captive
> portal web page will take care of adding users. No need to get perl or
> freeradius involved at that point. FR simply uses whatever is on the
> db.
>
> If, on the other hand, you have a setup that's like "I'll accept
> whatever username and password that the client sends, and add them to
> the db", then it should be possibe, as long as the client ONLY uses
> pap (or probably PEAP-GTC and TTLS-PAP as well). You can easily have
> multiple modules in authorize section, or even do unlang with "%{sql:
> INSERT INTO radcheck ....}". Pardon me if I say such setup is stupid
> though. The only time it might be useful is if you're taking over
> someone else's radius, with no access to existing user/password, and
> simply want to accept whatever the user sends just to keep the service
> going.
>
> --
> Fajar

Fabricio A. Flores G.