Automatic ppp ip address assignment

Timmy moonyhk at netscape.net
Tue Apr 10 17:53:25 CEST 2012

>> Any user would like to post the main setting of a successful automatic
>> ppp ip address assignment through mysql ip pool?
>    It works if you configure it correctly.
>
>    So... what did you do?
>
>    Alan DeKok.

Hi Alan,
I mainly followed the book Freeradius Beginner's Guide.  I can set up
most thing to run freeradius with mysql managing, except the mysql ip
pool control.

I started with Ubuntu 10.04 x64 with its freeradius 2 and mysql
packages.  This runs very well.
To make mysql ip pool works, I only change very basic things:

Edit:
/etc/freeradius/radiusd.conf
Uncomment:
$INCLUDE sqlippool.conf

Edit
sqlippool.conf
#$INCLUDE sql/postgresql/ippool.conf
$INCLUDE sql/mysql/ippool.conf

Add in /etc/freeradius/users:
DEFAULT Pool-Name := main_pool
     Fall-Through = Yes

In radius db:

INSERT INTO radippool (pool_name, framedipaddress) VALUES ('main_pool', '192.168.2.1');

Edit:
/etc/freeradius/sites-available/default

accounting {
     main_pool
     sqlippool
}

post-auth {
     mani_pool
     sqlippool
}

Also, in the /modules/ippool file, I keep the ippool main_pool
definition uncommented as it is in this package default.

The result: freeradius does not assing IP.   How do you think, Alan?

Which one or both of these to keep in