rlm_ippool does not create DB and IDX files

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Tue Apr 17 23:03:16 CEST 2012

rogiermulder wrote:
> I have a working freeradius installation (v2.1.10, Ubuntu package) with
> rlm_ippool working like a charm. Now I'm installing a new server (CentOS 6)
> with the freeradius (v2.1.10) installed as package. It install the
> rlm_ippool.so module so I assume ippool supprot is compiled in. I've copied
> the radiusd.conf, modules/ippool and users file from the old (working)
> server to my new on.

  And not the virtual servers.  See raddb/sites-enabled/

> When I start radiusd, no DB and IDX files for the pools are created. The old
> server howerver, does create these files using the same config files. When I
> 'strace' radiusd at startup, I see that it opens and reads modules/ippool.

  It says that in the debug output, too.  Now search the *rest* of the
debug output for references to "ippool".  There aren't any.

  i.e. the "modules/ippool" file is read, but the module is *not*
initialized.

  That's because the module isn't referenced in any virtual server.