regular expression grouping issue on attrs filter

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Apr 19 09:31:19 CEST 2012

On 04/18/2012 07:04 PM, Ivo Vastert wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> Thank you for your answer.
> I just try'd your rule but this one is refused aswell (Freeradius won't start with it, giving a parse error).
>
> Framed-IP-Address =~ /^172\.(1[6-9]|2[0-9]|3[01])\./
> I still have the feeling ( ) is not accepted, when we don't use themthe grouping characters, the line is accepted.
> Do you have any other suggestions we can try?

I don't know what to tell you; we use regexp with () for grouping
locally, and it works fine; FreeRADIUS can start, and the regexp match
as expected.

FreeRADIUS doesn't handle the regexp itself; it uses your system regexp
library. If the regexp fails to parse, it must be a problem with your
system regexp library.

Just in case, please supply the output of "radiusd -X" as it fails to
start up. Maybe there's something else wrong.