Re: Help: PAP with Sha1

vishal_nitr vishal_nitr at rediffmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:29:03 CEST 2012

Hi Alan,    thanks for the mail. This is what we read about request authenticationAccess-Request arrives  When the packet arrives at the FreeRADIUS server it is indicated by the following part:rad_recv: Access-Request packet from host 127.0.0.1 port 48698,
id=73, length=57
     User-Name = "alice"
     User-Password = "passme"
     NAS-IP-Address = 127.0.1.1
     NAS-Port = 100We see that the incoming request contains four AVPs.Although the AVP User-Password is shown here in clear text, it was not transmitted to the server in clear text. FreeRADIUS uses the shared secret to encrypt and decrypt the value of the User-Password AVP.   This is what I am looking for. What is the place where RADIUS does decrypt operation.
Thanks and Regards,

Vishal Kotalwar,
Bangalore-35.

09900055647.