passwd encrypted in user file

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Apr 20 17:10:36 CEST 2012

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Alan DeKok <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:
> alan buxey wrote:
>> username Cleartext-Password := "{crypt}$1$5oVGRb3C$PCKT5Fv7d81NZTmzEm83e0"
>>
>> is also 100% valid...and neater
>
>  That should be "Password-With-Header", not "Cleartext-Password"
>
>  The cleartext password is for... cleartext-passwords.   Others are
> Crypt-Password, MD5-Password, etc.  They are all in specific formats.
>
>  The Password-With-Header is likely a bad name, but it accurately
> describes the contents.

The documentation (and configuration file) is probably slightly
out-of-date (it still refer to User-Password), but am I right in
assuming that:

(1) If auto_header = no (the default), password with header should be
stored in Password-With-Header attribute

(2) If auto_header = yes, the password with header can be stored in
Cleartext-Password attribute. Or is it in User-Password attribute,
like what the docs and config file says?

--
Fajar