How fast can IP Pool SQL be? :) *a Shocker*

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Apr 23 12:45:09 CEST 2012

> very bad? Standard schema with standard queries? I assumed the stable
> code would be released with the best possible SQL indexes on the schema
> etc?

It is released with safe defaults, that work in common cases i.e. using
"select ... for update" to prevent duplicate IP assignment.

Hundreds or thousands of IPs per second is not a common requirement. You
need to put work in for this.

If you've achieved this, and want it in the server, open source it and
contribute a patch.