users file ignored and still checks sql

Paul Tinson Paul.Tinson at team.orcon.net.nz
Tue Apr 24 14:14:08 CEST 2012

On 24/04/12 11:44 PM, "Alan DeKok" <aland at deployingradius.com> wrote:

>> Have I missed something simple, or does this config look right.
>
>  The configuration is wrong.  Setting "Auth-Type = Accept" doesn't mean
>"stop authorization".  It means "use Accept authentication"

OK that makes sense.

>  If you want to avoid processing the SQL module, use module-failover,
>or "unlang".  See "man unlang"
>
>authorize {
>	files {
>		ok = return
>	}
>	sql
>}

That works.
If we have files and sql in authorize and the user is in the file and not
in sql I thought it would use the details in the file to authorize the
user?
However it looks like the sql query for that user fails instead of
returning no user data.
Could that cause it to behave this way?

Thanks for the quick help.