falling back to local auth and not ads

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Apr 24 14:39:14 CEST 2012

Hi,

> I have been through the steps again and found that final radtest shows an access-reject and the debug shows:
> ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type) found for the request: Rejecting the user
> Failed to authenticate the user.

this is still with this prebuilt package?  I would say theres all kinds of things
wrong with that package and you'd be best off working with just a fresh copy of FreeRADIUS
built direct from source.... for one thing, it works straight out of the box
once you've added a source of authentication (ie added an entry in users file or configured
the ntlm_auth)

ERROR: No authenticate method (Auth-Type)  means that you dont have the required handler present
to deal with the request.  it worked before as you had a HUGE bodge in the users file saying
that if the request wasnt EAP then just accept...no matter what! :-|

you CANNOT (thankfully!) just blindly accept all EAP - there has to be a 2-way communication
of trust and the setting up of crypto keys etc.  to work with EAP and MSCHAP without EAP
you will need to ensure the required modules are enabled and configured...so you're looking
at eg mschap module and ntlm_auth module.

alan