NTLM Auth Problem

Ali Majdzadeh ali.majdzadeh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 14:44:56 CEST 2012

Hi

I checked that rlm_mschap converts the CHAP_CHALLENGE from radius packet
into other format that used in ntlm_auth.

Radius Packet:  MS-CHAP-Challenge = 0x7e95c31b02cd054fd1dcacea7c2fb358

Radius –X output for Ntlm_auth:   expand:
--challenge=%{%{mschap:Challenge}:-00} -> --challenge=4487f1f9d023e69b

U told that is normal, based on RFC. I checked the rlm_mschap.c and
rlm_exec.c and also src/main/util.c, It seems that they are copying
variable one by one from radius packet into ntlm_auth and I did not find
any function to do converting. May give me more information?

My problem is:

I need to call ntlm_auth from command line, not from modules/mschap. So
when I’m running via commandline with same ms-chap-challenge as radius
packet but response from LDAP is not OK.