Maximum limit for clients.

Sharad P sharadpanicker7 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 13:08:27 CEST 2012

Hi,

I have been using Radius server downloaded from freeradius.net website from
quite a long time. For creating user id and password required for my clients
to authenticate with my radius server, I usually configure user id and
password using following command in user.conf file present in radius server.

<user id> Cleartext-Password := "<password>"

My queries are listed below.

1. I wanted to know whether, there is any limit for such configurations? How
many user id's and password can be added to the file?

2. If we want to increase the limit, then what are the available options?

3. What is the normal CPU and memory usage of device where Radius server is
installed and running? And what is the usage when maximum clients try to
authenticate with the Radius.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sharad Panicker.