Maximum limit for clients.

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Mon Apr 30 15:19:58 CEST 2012

Sharad P wrote:
> So there is no considerable memory usage when tens of thousands of user
> tries to authenticate with my Radius server?

  Uh... data uses memory.  The more data you have, the more memory you use.

  This is 2012.  If you care about memory usage, you're either (a)
caring about the wrong thing, or (b) in a constrained system.

> Also, I do not use any SQL server for any databases. I simply create an user
> name and password in the user.conf file. The clients willing to authenticate
> will have to use the specified username and password.
>
> Want to know whether this is a correct approach.

  It depends on what you want to do.

  My guess is that you're optimizing the wrong thing.  This is
demonstrated by the fact that you're *not* talking about a problem.
You're talking about a solution.

  e.g. rather than saying "will 10K users fit into 100Mb of RAM?",
you're saying "I'm using the users file... is it OK?"