radiusd -X SQL suggests "not found" however user attributes are in the radcheck table?

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 00:03:50 CEST 2012

On 07/31/2012 10:50 PM, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:22 AM, Kaya Saman <kayasaman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> what is the best way for a
>> beginner to understand the fundamental concepts of the MySQL tables
>> and the types of information that RADIUS can dish out
> The usual: included docs, wiki, the list.
>
> It usually helps if you have a use case in mind ("This is what I want.
> How can I do that?") instead of "tell me everything that FR can do".

Thanks Fajar..... I appreciate the response.

Currently my use case is basic MAB to get rid of VMPS which I got
working thanks to Alan Buxey's help!

 From what I can see it's quite non-complex config though one needs to
understand the process of how RADIUS works and additionally the 'radius'
way of doing things rather then say, a corporate network vendor way.

For now I have all the pieces to my jigsaw puzzle, minus defining a VLAN
(tunnel ID) of last resort so if FR doesn't recognize the L2 address of
a machine it should give it a specific tunnel-ID (VLAN).

I'm sure I will just need to Google more and read more, and actually the
documentation reminds me quite a bit of the OpenBSD project in that it's
quite sparse and high level and really not for beginners.

Oh well.... I am really happy to have got this far and now it's just get
more experience and learn more :-)

Regards,

Kaya