radiusd -X SQL suggests "not found" however user attributes are in the radcheck table?

Kaya Saman kayasaman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 14:20:53 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:15 PM, alan buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> [sql] User 0015c5537baa not found
>
> fairly definitive.  check that you have case-insensitivityenabled and that this user exists in the table being checked

This is correct and should be the case!

> alan
>
>> ++[sql] returns notfound
>> ++? if ("%{User-Name}")
>>       expand: %{User-Name} -> 0015c5537baa
>> ? Evaluating ("%{User-Name}") -> TRUE
>
> ..and that bit is working...the later output shows the assignments being made and
> send back in the packet. ideally you would only do that in the post-auth stage for a
> successful authentication?
>
> alan

What I want to do, perhaps I didn't explain properly or maybe my idea
was flawed - but essentially I would like to have a "catch all"
statement so:

IF %User-Name notfound IN SQL

Accept AND Provision onto VLAN 80 (my demo guest vlan in this case but
could be any number (n))

In a nutshell, if nothing has been entered into the SQL database;
simply allocate the user onto the Guest VLAN (tunnel-Id)

Regards,

Kaya