problem with User-Name & Stripped-User-Name

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 1 19:22:29 CEST 2012

Tony Peña wrote:
> hi, i'm trying to migrate freeradius 1.3.1 to 2.1.12. 1.3.1 works very
> fine but I need upgrades
>
> and my freeradius server auth in ldap and accounting on mysql.. and the
> new file configuration have a little change for me.. all fine but not
> work for me..

  It would be useful to use complete sentences.  It shows you're trying
to communicate what's going on, rather than just dumping random
collections of text into an email.

> and sql module ->
> [sql] Improperly nested variable; %{User-Name}}

  What part of that is unclear?

> [sql]   expand: %{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{%{User-Name}}:-DEFAULT} -> ''

  That is wrong.  See "man unlang" for how expansions are handled.

  What do you expect this to do:  %{%{User-Name}} ??  Why did you enter
that?