problem with User-Name & Stripped-User-Name

Tony Peña emperor.cu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 22:25:10 CEST 2012

don't worry for radutmp...

In your site-available/default,  explain sql for simultaneous is more
faster.. so . i change it..

and i test it with radclient again.. doing

auth - acct start - (auth for check) - and acct stop to finish session test

output

tony at hp-pavilion6:~/backup_server/AAA/RADIUS$ ./test-radclient.sh
Received response ID 12, code 2, length = 68
        Idle-Timeout = 300
        Session-Timeout = 7200
        Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP
        Framed-MTU = 576
        Filter-Id = "general.in"
        Framed-Protocol = PPP
        Service-Type = Framed-User

Login      Name              What  TTY  When      From            Location
Received response ID 93, code 5, length = 20

Login      Name              What  TTY  When      From            Location
Received response ID 220, code 3, length = 68
        Reply-Message = "\r\nYou are already logged in - access
denied\r\n\n"

Login      Name              What  TTY  When      From            Location
Received response ID 216, code 5, length = 20

Login      Name              What  TTY  When      From            Location

so... is fine for now...
thanxs for all help.

2012/8/1 alan buxey <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk>

> Hi,
> >    ok but with original not work for me as default uncomment...
> >    i have to change
> >    sql_user_name = "%{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{%{User-Name}:-DEFAULT}}"
> >    for
> >
> >    sql_user_name = "%{Stripped-User-Name:-%{User-Name:-DEFAULT}}"     to
> can
> >    use it..
>
> as I said,
>
> %{%{Stripped-User-Name}:-%{%{User-Name}:-DEFAULT}}
>
> is the default entry and works. it stops the deprecated message.   your
> original
> which you were told to fix was very wrong. have a close look, they are
> different.
>
> >    and i check simultaneous-use by radutmp way.
>
> and are you calling the correct modules to ensure that the radutmp file is
> used?
>

> what does
>
> radiusd -X
>
> show?
>
> alan
> -
> List info/subscribe/unsubscribe? See

Antonio Peña
Secure email with PGP 0x8B021001 available at http://pgp.mit.edu
Fingerprint: 74E6 2974 B090 366D CE71  7BB2 6476 FA09 8B02 1001