Failed to authenticate the user

alan buxey A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Aug 7 16:54:12 CEST 2012

Hi,
>    when I start the radius server using radiusd -x I got the same error.
>    Unable to open file " /usr/local/etc/raddb/radiusd.con": Permission Denied

..and what user are you running as? this error message indicates you dont have
permission to access those files - usually need to be 'root' or 'radiusd' user
to run the daemon - unix is built on user/group/other permissions - each file/directory
can be accessed by people in a certain group or by a particular owner

alan