Failed to authenticate the user

Mark Holmes mark.holmes at nuffield.ox.ac.uk
Tue Aug 7 17:31:02 CEST 2012

Hi George,

Have you ever heard of Google?  It's amazing the stuff you can find on there, and people won't get annoyed with you for asking the list to do your job for you - which comes across as a bit lazy...

HUP is straightforward, read

http://www.freebsddiary.org/hup.php

Everyone has to start somewhere but I'd suggest this list might not be the best place to ask basic Linux questions.  There are some other really good places which I find very useful when I started out with this stuff

http://www.linuxquestions.org/ is a good one.

Mark