authorize users ( time + traffic )

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Aug 22 13:47:27 CEST 2012

On 22/08/12 12:28, Ilaria De Marinis wrote:
> Hi list,
>    I'm trying to set authorize section in my default sites file.
>
>   I need to allow traffic users in terms of time and bandwidth.
>   So, my attempts were like these:
>

> authorize{
> dailycounter
>
>          if (Auth-Type == "Reject") {           #I tried also if(!ok) or
> if (reject)
>             update control{
>                  Post-Auth-Type := "Access-Accept"
>             }
>             dailybandwidthcounter
>         }
>   }

This is all wrong.

First, if "dailycounter" (or any module) returns "reject", processing of
authorize stops. If you want to change this, you need to override the
default module return code actions - see doc/configurable_failover.

Second, trying to match "Auth-Type" like this won't work, because it's a
control item, not a request item.

Third, setting "Post-Auth-Type" to "Access-Accept" is meaningless. It
doesn't do what you want.

So, throw all that way - it's useless.

What do you actually want to *do*?