$INCLUDE ignored by freeradius

Alan DeKok aland at deployingradius.com
Wed Aug 22 13:48:37 CEST 2012

Krzysztof Grobelak wrote:
> What I expect to happen is that the INCLUDE command will "include" the
> users.group1 file in to the main users file and that the user will be
> found.

  The behavior of the "users" file is documented.  There's no need to
say "I expect this to happen".  The exact behavior is documented.

> What actually happens is that the users file is parsed and the only
> matched entry is the DEFAULT entry at the bottom of the main users file
> and the include directive is ignored.

  No, that doesn't happen.

  If the include directive is ignored, that's because either it's not
being seen, or the included file is empty.

  Read the debug log to see.  It *prints out* the file it's including.
It's not hard to see this.

> I had similar setup on another freeradius server where it was working as
> expected that is the reason why I am confused.

  Well, it works the way it's documented.

> I used diff to confirm that the config files are exactly the same on
> both servers.
>
> I will provide radiusd -X logs as soon as i get the chance.

  And read them before posting.  Please.  Odds are that the problem is
trivially solvable by reading the logs.

  Alan DeKok/